The Minority Genetic Professionals Network mentoring program facilitates one-to-one mentoring relationships that connect mentees with leaders in the network to foster professional learning and development. Career mentoring helps you to expand networks, gain new knowledge and insights, and build new skills. Mentors gain leadership experience and personal growth by helping others in the field. Mentorships can last over a period of months or they can be a one-time flash mentorship on a specific topic.
Join us now to start developing personal and professional relationships with others in the genetics profession who can help you learn and grow. Take the first step in furthering your professional development by participating today!
If you are seeking general information about the Minority Genetic Professionals Network,
not the mentoring program, please visit minoritygenetics.org.
Why Become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network within the organization
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- GAIN better understanding of the organization
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate workplace challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell